Richmond comes from Brittany, France.
William the Conqueror granted lands in Yorkshire England to Roaldus
John Richmond [1597 -1664] Sr
- John emigrated to America and in 1637 was one of the purchasers
of Taunton, Massachusetts. 4 children,
- John [1627-1715],
- Edward [1632-1696],
- Sarah [1638-1691],
- Mary [1639-1715]
Abigale [Rogers] and John Richmond
- Abigale [1641-1727] was the daughter of John Rogers of Duxbury
Massachusetts. 11 children
- Mary ,
- John Jr [1656-1672],
- Thomas [1659-1705],
- Susanna ,
- Joseph ,
- Edward [1665-1741],
- Samuel ,
- Sarah ,
- John ,
- Ebenezer , and
- Abigail .
March and Edward Richmond
- March had 8 children -
- March 
- Edward 
- Josiah [1697-1763],
- Nathaniel ,
- Elizbeth and
- Phebe .
- Edward remarried to Rebecca Thurston in 1711. She was daughter
of Sarah and Jonathan Thurston, born 1689. Children -
- Sarah ,
- Mary ,
- Priscilla  and
- Eunice .
- Edward remarried again to a girl named Mary with no children.
Mehitable [Deane] and Josiah Richmond
- Josiah was a blacksmith in Middleboro Massachusetts, first
married Mehitable  daughter of Sarah [Williams] and Benjamin
Deane. Children -
- Mary, Josiah 
- Gershom, Benjamin ,
- Lemuel [1733-1802],
- Ephraim ,
- Eleazer ,
- Mercy and
- Josiah remarried in 1745 to Lydia the widow of Theophilus
Crocker and daughter of James Eddy.
Molly [Richmond] and Lemuel Richmond
- Here is where it gets confusing. Molly [1731-1820] and her
twin sister Mirian are daughters of Mary [Walker] and Ebenezer
Richmond. Mirian married Elisha Walker. Children -
- Amaziah ,
- Polly ,
- Job ,
- Lemuel [1771-], and
- This won't be the last Richmond-Richmond match up.
Joanna [Briggs] and Lemuel Richmond
- Joanna [1787-] married Major Lemuel in 1806 in Barnard Vermont.
- Alaphal ,
- Joanna Raymond ,
- Rhoda Briggs ,
- Elvira J. 
- Lemuel Carlton [1819-]
Jane Ann [Richmond] and Lemuel Carlton Richmond
- Jane Ann [1830-] of Derby Vermont daughter of Ruth
Emma [Hinman] and Dr. Lemuel Richmond [1804-] married LC
in 1850. Children were Willis H.  and Rollin Lemuel.